Wednesday, September 17, 2008

twentysix

Flashback/Backflash/Flashback/Backflash

When he said... "I'm like Romeo but I haven't found my Julia" I knew already it wasn't going to work... I mean what kind of person says something like that?

We had spoken on MSN I think. One of my friends had given him my e-mail. Then I let my friends set me up on some sort of date anyway - even though I already knew it was never going to happen. He just joined us all at the Mezz when we went there for drinks one night.

And he came - I saw him, said "Hi" and I turned around to my friends and mouthed "What were you thinking?" when he wasn't looking.
I had just been on a crappy date the week before with another guy and I had told them everything I disliked about that one... I remember it well: He was short - really short. He looked like a little boy. No facial hair at all. He had an annoying high pitched voice. He was insecure and made jokes to cover it up.
I told them all this and still... STILL they set me up with dwarfy there (minus the hair).

I only had to look at this guy once to know that he was definetly shorter than me... he looked like he could be 12 or possibly a girl dressed like a boy. His voice was like a little girl and then when I said I didn't think it was gonna work and didn't want to go out with him again, he got pissed off with me and called me a bitch. Then he said "I thought you were like me. You were gonna be my Julia!" I had had enough of being nice by then and just fled the field.
He hated me for ages.

That was a story from my very short time of dating guys in Dublin. I hate dates and I hope I will never have to go on another one again.

I feel so lucky :)

No comments: