Tuesday, February 10, 2009

sixtyeight

I have cravings - as usual for something that is impossible for me to find here...

Semlor!



Don't they just look amazing?!

It's a traditional Swedish pastry that we eat on Fettisdagen every year - although these days people eat them from February to Easter. and they are amazing.
I wish I could get at least one.
I would be so happy. I could make the buns I suppose but I don't know if they have almondpuree (or whatever it's called in English) here, or where to find it if they do.

I am getting a Swedish recepie book when I go home just before Easter... Hopefully I'll be able to get a semla in a café then aswell! I'm buying the book 'Sju sorters kakor'. No doubt.

Slurp!

1 comment:

svenske floyd said...

To make mandelmassa, get sugar, almonds and some device to grind the almonds. Then go home and follow this link:
http://recept.nu/1.122572/leila_lindholm/efterratter_godis/hemgjord_mandelmassa