Wednesday, August 20, 2008

fifteen

Today it is 8 years ago since my uncle 'Mats' died from a brain tumor.

He was sick for so long... they said he had only 1 year to live but he hung in there for 2 more years.
My mothers older brother. He was such a nice person. Just genuinely good ...and funny!
When they were kids he used to tell my mom that the posters in his room would loose all their colour if she looked at them too much... pranks and good music was his thing.

He left three daughters behind when he died. Marit, Victoria and Sanne. They are so beautiful and they seem so happy these days. I will never forget the outcry from Sanne (the youngest one) when they all came in to the hospital to say goodbye to their father. To his body. When we told them he had died ...that expression in their eyes. I will never ever forget.
I hope they still remember him as he was before he got sick and that they still talk about him sometimes. I haven't seen them - I think - since the funeral.

I'll go visit next year, they are old enough now to make decisions of their own and to choose who they want to see. :)

I don't have a photo of all of them but here is one I got from Sanne:



So pretty. :)

No comments: