Monday, August 11, 2008

eight

Ok I wrote this blog on my old blog on my space ages ago...

But today I read a blog by a Swedish girl who's name is Hanna Fridén that was about the same thing so I got to thinking about it again.


I know I said more photos and less text but for this one time I think I'll ignore my own promise...

"Ok I'm really pissed off now. I hate medical companies!

I just read this article about an implanon (birth control thing) for men. It's in Swedish so I'll try translate and explain as best I can...

Basically this company Organon have done research for years and they found a way to stop the sperm production by using a certain hormone. The disadvantage is that the desire and sometimes the erection decreases or disappears. But there is a solution. With the help of injections, patches or gels with testosterone -potency would be unchanged.

But despite the fact that the method works, it is not on the market. The Medical company Organon has for several years tested implanon of men in major international studies. Richard Lindgren, medical director of the company, explains that the men had a normal sexlife, that they did not produce sperm and got back fertility afterwards. So what is it that prevents them from getting it out on the market?

" The problem is that customers do not want this. There is no market for it. And we can not produce a product that nobody wants."

The reason the men stated that they were not interested in the methodology was that it may take three to nine months before the sperm comes back after the treatment ended. But several contraceptives for women have the exact same adverse reaction - and they are already on the market!

If contraception should be approved as a medicine - more study would be needed of possible side effects. But Organon has stopped their tests and ended the project and does not plan to reopen it.

... all I can say is bullshit!

I have never heard of this before and I don't know any guys who have either so who have they asked?

I hate this fuckin finance driven world where everything is about making a profit.

If women knew about this and men knew about it and the alternative was there - out there on the market. - I'll eat my hat if women all over the world wouldn't say "Right, I've done my time with having my mood messed up, my sexdrive down to nothing, getting acne, headaches and all the other side-effects. It's the boys turn now..."

Or at least we should have the choice. If the woman get's horrible side effects or is allergic maybe the guy can do it instead - and the other way around.

I bet you that this company Organon's board has at least 90% men on it.

I'm gonna do something about this. It's fucked up.

Here's the link to the article for the people that can read in Swedish:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/kvinna/article2669036.ab

No comments: