Sunday, June 14, 2009

seventyseven

I booked my trip to Borneo. The plan is that I'm heading to London-Kuala Lumpur-Kota Kinabalu on the 20th of July.
I'm going to travel around in Sabah-Borneo for a month on my own. I've never gone backpacking before so I'm really nervous and excited about it!
I hope it all goes well. It seems like such an amazing place. I'm mostly just scared about all the bugs and that I will probably have to take malaria tablets which can fuck you up a bit in the head. I think I'm actually more scared of leeches than spiders! Who would have thought that I could be more scared of anything else?!

So next on the list is vaccinations and discuss with my GP if I will actually need them malaria tablets or not. I guess if the risk is high the best thing is to take them but with my medical history of having a bit of a shaky mental health it's a bit risky.

Then shopping for some clothes for the trip. I have to try bring as little as possible but still both warm and not so warm clothes since I will climb mount kinabalu which is at high altitude and colder than the rest of the island but the jungle will be hot and humid. I also need hiker boots but I might just get them over there.

So good luck me!

H

No comments: